Re: Spam resistent guestbook ?

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 09:53:47PM +0200, Richard Spindler wrote:
> 2006/9/25, Marek Podmaka <marki@onee.sk>:
> >1) use verification code (those images with hard-to-read codes in it
> >which you have to enter)
>
> I' implemented a very simple captcha, and haven't had a spam entry in
> my guestbook ever since.
>
> I used code from the following link:
> http://www.web1marketing.com/resources/tools/quickcaptcha/

I develop in Python, so found the code at the following link very
helpful as a basis for my own captcha:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/440588

It is rather rudimentary, but I have not had any customer complaints of
spam getting to their email (I generally have "contact us" forms and not
guestbooks) as a result of their websites.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez