Re: Spam resistent guestbook ?

Hello Dan,

> One of our customers makes great use of a guestbook.
> Unfortunately it is getting 10-20 spam postings a day.
> Anyone have a spam resistant guestbook they like?
> I've search the fine web w/o much closure.

It's not very ISP specific. But I have similar problems on my websites
with forms. I see 3 possible solutions:

1) use verification code (those images with hard-to-read codes in it
which you have to enter)

2) use preview - after submit, don't add to database (or send email if
it is mail form), but only display preview - and only after submitting
this preview, do the action. Spam bots don't know that the action was
not taken after the first submit...

3) use anti-spam checkbox :) Put one more checkbox to the form and
submit only if it is checked (if default is not checked). Spambots
don't know whether it needs to be checked or not, but users will read
instructions. This one is not tested, but I think it will work :) You
can name the checkbox as "I'm a spambot" with default checked and
perform the action only if unchecked :)

--
  bYE, Marki