Re: spam using animated gif

Micah Anderson schrieb:

Matthias Haegele wrote:
Mustafa Kutsal Ay schrieb:
hi,

after burning cpu`s to detect spam emails with embedded images ,
spammers are now using another method   to send images in animated gif
format .( as you probably have received such emails)
this way the first frame of the animated gif image is just random lines.

anyone has an idea to detect that kind of emails

keyword "fuzzyocr" (SA plugin).

http://www.rulesemporium.com/
might help too.

Hi,

I looked on rulesemporium and I didn't see fuzzyocr. I looked under the
SARE rules and the Other rules, but nothing :(

SARE RULES:
i would suggest the sare_rules (rulesdujour etc.) cause some of them
hit ".gif images" too:
0.8 SARE_GIF_ATTACH        FULL: Email has a inline gif
 1.7 SARE_GIF_STOX          Inline Gif with little HTML

but there is no direct link to fuzzyocr ...

fuzzyocr:

the keyword "fuzzyocr" in google ;-) ...

http://users.own-hero.net/~decoder/fuzzyocr/
http://users.own-hero.net/~decoder/
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/FuzzyOcr

Micah