Re: swhoisd does not more compile...

Michelle Konzack wrote:
[snip]
co  RCS/swhoisd,v swhoisd
make[3]: co: Command not found
make[3]: *** [swhoisd] Error 127
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/swhoisd-3.0.5/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/swhoisd-3.0.5/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/swhoisd-3.0.5'
make: *** [build] Error 2
----8<--------------------------------------------------------------

The line "make[3]: co: Command not found" is a little bit confiusing,
since I have not found a singel indice to a command named "co" and I
do not know where it come from but it must be in src/Makefile.  It
seems that "co" must be "cp" or "mv" since "swhoisd" is the init.d file.

"co" is the RCS command to check out a file.

For more information see http://www.calpoly.edu/cgi-bin/man-cgi?co+1
It seems, that Dan Anderson does not more work on it, since there is
a TODO from 2001-07-15 and nothing happen.  What I want to do is to
add support for db4.3 and PostgreSQL...

Also I do not like that the Config, Header and Footer are in
/etc.  I think this should be changed to

    /var/lib/swhoisd/swhoisd.{header,footer,conf}

since specialy in swhoisd.conf are changes done permanently and many
Servers have / with /etc in it mounted readonly.  Please drop me some
notes what you think about.

Also I have problems with autoconf, automake and the RCS which is used
for the swhoisd.  (I have not a minimum clue about it)

Since I do not like RCS and if Dan Anderson does not more respond, I
will create a fork with the desired enhancement...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network