Re: Postfix auth & content_filter

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 05:47:43AM +0200, Marek Podmaka wrote:
> It works now :)
> You can't have both "smtp" and "some_ip:smtp" defined. So I had to
> change the original "smtp" service to two services - for localhost
> and for my primary IP. But postfix for some reason didn't start these
> services after reload (only killed the original). But after several
> stop/start it works now :)

IIRC, postfix requires a restart - not just a reload - when you change
master.cf.

change hash, btree or dbm maps: postmap them
change text, regexp, or pcre maps: postfix reload
change main.cf: postfix reload
change master.cf: postfix restart

it's useful to put rules to implement this into a Makefile, then just
get into the habit of running 'make' after any change to postfix's
configuration or map files. i've posted sample Makefile fragments to do
this several times over the last few years. check the archives.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)