Re: AOL no PTR temp fail log entries.

On 18.08.06 16:50, Dan MacNeil wrote:
> From the logs (below) it looks like:
>
> 	1) AOL temp failed (421) a message
> 	2) on later submission changed their mind and accepted it.
>
> The helpful link supplied in the log entry [1], says they temp failed us
>  because we don't have valid PTR records. But...according to dig and
> AOL's rdns web tool [2], we ***DO*** have valid PTR records and as far
> as I know always have had them.
>
> 	[1] http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421dnsnr.html
> 	[2] http://postmaster.info.aol.com/tools/rdns.html
>
> So AOL greylisted us but gave us the wrong error code/link ?

Does this happen often when you send mail to them? If yes, they use kind of
greylisting.

> Their rDNS check was broken and now is fixed ?

Do you know what is a temporary error? It can happen from many reasons.
unless it happens too often, and causes overload on your servers, I wouldn't
take that as big problem. At least not yours...
"Where do you want to go to die?" [Microsoft]