Re: MailScanner/Exim

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 01:32:17AM -0400, tps wrote:
> I can't get my mind around this, although I know there has to be a way.
> How can I have the secondary validate the recipient and not simply
> forward it to the primary for delivery?

You need to use something like..

  accept
      domains = +relay_to_domains
      verify = recipient/callout=15s/callout_defer_ok

In the RCPT ACL.

This causes the server to connect to the primary and issue enough
commands to check that the recipient exists, before accepting the
mail itself.  If it can't connect then it accepts it (for when/if
the primary is down) anyway.

If your primary is down often or if you get a very large amount of
email going to the backup MXes then you will probably want to
distribute the user list and write a check against that instead.

Cheers,
Andy

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB