Re: NEVER USE SORBS

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 01:36:29PM -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
> While I believe the negative value of SORBS has been clearly
> demonstrated - perhaps as much by the force of Mr Sander's
> charisma as by the recollections of those who have been
> stung by SORBS - I fail to see why three debian-isps feel
> that they need to berate the list rather than simply
> filtering the thread.
>
> This isn't debian-users.

I wish to apologize people both for having myself contributed to this thread
staying alive too long and also if I have flamed people.

This topic has gone beyond Sorbs DUHL. When people find it impossible to
continue to debate the verifiable technical issues as such without talking
about shared elevator space and murderers (with flames), then it is time to
stop.

After all, this is debian-isp, not debian-user, and I would (as others)
appreciate if this lists continued to be a good technical forum about
technical issues at real ISP's and not a political discussion club. Nothing
good will come from this public discussion anymore. End-user-filtering is
not a way to stop this list's degradiation.