Re: NEVER USE SORBS

At 10:25 PM 7/28/2006 +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
>don't use SORBS if you don't agree with their policies. but stop whining
>about people who DO agree with them and have chosen to use one or more
>of their lists.

That's the missing piece of ur argument right there.  U assume that everyone
using SORBS is totally on the same wavelength with them and agrees with
their philosophy etc etc.  That they have made a fully informed decision.
Problem is, there are people out there who are only semi aware and come
across SORBS "hmm, blocks spam, good, I like that, let's use SORBS".  Those
are the people who essentially have let themselves be hornswaggled that
we're talking about.  The devout SORBS follower, sure go ahead and use it;
fully informed consent.  We want to save *ourselves* trouble by doing
something to stop the one-lobe-active admins out there from loading up SORBS
and causing a chain reaction that ends up on *our* plates.  SORBS *could* do
something to help the situation but they don't so they get derided for it.
It's a devil/sinner relationship.  The proximate cause of trouble is the
sinful admin not SORBS even though they created the problem.  These are all
perfectly legitimate positions and are not worthy of derision.  They can
just exist, out there, without threatening any other position on the issue.
The best thing to do is educate the net about SORBS.  At the end of the day
nothing matters except keeping people from using SORBS.  The way to do that
is to create enough web pages on the subject that more anti SORBS than pro
SORBS pages come up in search engines.  So y'all that feel that strongly
about it, start writing posts and putting up pages so that we get good
message saturation.  Debating the finer points of the SORBS terms is not
germaine.

--
REMEMBER THE WORLD TRADE CENTER         ---=< WTC 911 >=--
"...ne cede malis"

00000100