Re: Debian modules

Hari Sekhon wrote:

I think I'm going to abandon debian's kernel altogether and go back to
custom kernels

I installed the debian 2.6.8 kernel to get the 2.6 dependencies, and then used make-kpkg (from kernel-package) to build a custom 2.6.16 kernel. Having a .deb kernel package is much better than trying to install a raw custom kernel.

> debian is really showing it's age

Age == wisdom.

and is seriously lagging behind by today's standards.

Using make-kpkg required some learning, but once I understood how to use it effectively, I appreciated the wisdom of debian. You can do most anything you want with debian, if you are willing to invest the time in learning how to do it.