Re: Hardware recommendations for Debian server

Andy Smith wrote:

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 11:42:48AM +0100, John Kelly wrote:

I've not found any colo providing a serial port connection with the colo service. Any who do, surely want extra $$$ for it.

Here is a list of colo providers I use who do this for no or little
extra charge:

How little is "little", and which is it?  Little, or no?

http://blackcatnetworks.co.uk/
http://www.jump.net.uk/
http://sonic.net/
http://layer42.net/

http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby

RAM  Swap  Disk  GB Monthly
96 256 11 30 £12

96 meg of RAM for 12 GBP?  My calculator says that's $22 US.

Ouch!  You must be paying through the nose for your colo service.

I can't believe there are people who regard lack of out-of-band
management as acceptable in a colo environment.

I can believe there are countless people who pay inflated prices. And I laugh all the way to the bank.

:-D