Re: postfix-compatible local delivery agent sought

martin f krafft wrote:
> I don't think the choice of IMAP server should matter at all.
> I should be able to use multiple IMAP servers and still have it
> work, more or less.
>
> I use dovecot, simply because Cyrus is too complex and gives me no
> benefits over dovecot in the environments I have to admin.
>
> Anyway, I took a look at sieve, and it does not look like it can do
> what I want: it's a script to process existing mailboxes, not one to
> deliver into mailboxes.
>
> Also, while I can tell it to us a specific script, but I cannot seem
> to be able to tell it the base/home directory. And finally, it seems
> it cannot do Maildir.

Sounds like you want Dovecot LDA (Local Delivery Agent)

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA

It has the following features:

# Mailbox indexing during mail delivery, quicker mailbox access
# Quota enforcing by plugin
# Sieve language support

    * Mail filtering
    * Mail forwarding
    * Vacation auto-reply

And sieve is a mail filtering language, not a script to process
exisiting mailboxes. (Fastmail has excellent examples and info
http://wiki.fastmail.fm/index.php/SieveExamples)

It works in a very similar way to procmail and is implemented in Dovecot
LDA.

I use LDA with Dovecot on etch and i'm very happy with it.

Alex

dangerous content by the  MailScanner at Placet.co.uk,
and is believed to be clean.