Re: Mail, SMTP headers and things like that

also sprach John Miller <jmiller@thecsl.org> [2006.06.05.2154 +0200]:
> RFC 822 was the original specification--I don't remember what the
> newer, superseding RFC is.

RFC 2822.

> In any case, you're probably interested in the
> "Reply-To:" header, which does what you're looking for.

No it does not. Bounces are sent to the envelope sender; an MTA
generating a bounce never looks inside the email, which is where
Reply-To and all other RFC 2822 fields are defined).

He wants to check out the envelope sender, which has nothing to do
with the headers in an email field, but rather the SMTP protocol as
defined in RFC 2821.

`. `'`

"licht wird alles, was ich fasse"
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche