Re: mon vs nagios

We switched to Nagios about 2 years ago - I used to be a big fan of big brother, but its licensing was always a bit iffy - and now that they have gone commercial...

Sorry - but that software was NEVER that good - and not for the current price.

Big Sister is another one you can look at if you want something a bit simpler.

Depending on the number of servers you have, ANY of these systems can be a full time job for the first 3 months, and then one day a week for an admin
after that - if you want to keep them running cleanly...

What I don't like about nagios, is that you can not use one check to update multiple statuses.... (ie - once request to the server collects fan speed +
cpu temperatures - we need to ask each cpu + fan individually)....

Andrew