RE: How to limit broadband user bandwidth

CBQ & HTB are shaping algorithms, Using these you can shape the bandwidth per IP basis with combination of IPtables.

From: Radhika [mailto:radhiilu@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 2:09 PM
To: debian-isp@lists.debian.org
Subject: How to limit broadband user bandwidth

Hi Guys,

We are an ISP providers.We are providing ADSL,SDSL and other services.In most of the ISP's now a days they are providing only 2 GB or 4 gb etc.. bandwidth usage for their users this includes download limit.

How to configure this bandwidth usage limit for each user?

this can be done in Routers side or RADIUS server side.

I am new to ISP service please help me how to do this.

Thanks for your help