IPCP failing with Enfora GRPS Modem

Dear User Group:

I have an Enfora GSM1218 SAGL modem attached
to my Woody Debian system via a serial port.
The main problem is that IPCP Configure Requests
with the "address" field set to 0.0.0.0 or anything
else fail.  I receive an LCP Terminate-Request with
the error code 0x0B, 0x21  in the data field.
(i.e. At that point the other PPP negotiations have completed
successfully.)  In other words I can't seem to get a dynamic
IP Address.

The sequence of AT commands used to before
bringing up the PPPD are as follows:

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","c1.korem2m.com","",0,0
AT+CGACT=1,1
AT*99#

Any ideas ?

Best Regards,