Re: OT: sorbs blacklisting scam

I think we can put this to rest.  SORBS is not only clueless,
it is hypocritical.

SORBS backscatters off of its own secondary MX.  (Proofs
below - easy to replicate.)

Drop SORBS.  Use several reliable RBLs.  Minimize bounces.

--Mike Bird

*** THE TEST MESSAGE TO SORBS SECONDARY MX ***

# telnet scorpion.sorbs.net smtp
Trying 203.15.51.56...
Connected to scorpion.sorbs.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 scorpion.sorbs.net ESMTP SORBS v0.97 WARNING: Sending Unsolicited
E-Mail to/via this server will result in a US$50 charge per e-mail.
HELO yosemite.net
250 scorpion.sorbs.net
MAIL From: mgb-debian@yosemite.net
250 Ok
RCPT To: sorbs-backscatters-too@sorbs.net
250 Ok
DATA
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
Subject: BACKSCATTER TEST

WARNING: Bouncing this email will result in a US$100 charge per e-mail.

--Mike Bird / mgb-debian@yosemite.net
5320 Hwy 49 N #5 Mariposa CA 95338
This message is not from a mailing list
.
250 Ok: queued as D16ADA6C2C
quit
221 Bye
Connection closed by foreign host.

*** THE BOUNCE FROM SORBS ***

This is the Postfix program at host scorpion.sorbs.net.

                        The Postfix program

<sorbs-backscatters-too@sorbs.net>: host
desperado-int.sorbs.net[203.15.51.58]
    said: 550 <sorbs-backscatters-too@sorbs.net>: Recipient address
rejected:
    User unknown in local recipient table (in reply to RCPT TO command)