Re: OT: sorbs blacklisting scam

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 06:19:21PM +0200, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 15:37 +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> > It really depends on which of the SORBS DNSBLs you are on, since
> > they all have differwent criteria and policies.
>
> Which RBLs would you recommend, should someone want to use it?

Of the SORBS ones I only use the DUL to reject at SMTP time.  Others
are used by SpamAssassin's scoring (whatever the default settings of
SA are).

But I am considering removing it or using it only to greylist not
reject, as I've recently become aware of their policy of not
removing entries which have a low TTL on the DNS PTR record.  I'm
not sure I agree with it.

I have not seen SORBS ignore or bend their own published policies,
so it is a matter of whether you agree with them or not.  I would be
interested to know of concrete (i.e. still listed) examples of
listings made not in conformance to their own policies.

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB