Re: ftp (with virtual users + quota support)

Timur Irmatov wrote:
On 4/2/06, Rafał Stryjek <piratez@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
"1. currently we've for each ftp user 1 account on the box (disabled). using
vsftpd we could archive a real virtual user solution. i just have 1 question
regarding this: is it possible to implement a quota on a user base ? like
user mike has 20 MB and user markus 100 MB ?"

Is it possible in vsftpd?

If you want virtual ftp users and want to limit their disk quotas, I
advise you to look at pureftpd, http://www.pureftpd.org/project/pure-ftpd

--
Timur Irmatov, xmpp:irmatov@jabber.ru

I agree with Timur. I really like pure-ftpd, however, pure-ftpd doesn't seem to have multiple group support (add user1 to group1 group2 group2). that's the only thing its really lacking in my opinion.