Re: Re: Areca SATA cards

Hi Ronny,
Which modules do you use for the 3Ware controllers and the Areca
controllers? Any experience with the 9550 series? Does the driver allow
access to each disk on the controller (/dev/sda type access) or only
defined RAID arrays?

We need a SATA RAID solution but we want the drivers to be in the
current sarge release. Maintaining extra manually compiled modules would
just be a pain. We don't have a problem using software RAID but the OCE
capabilities of both the 3Ware and Areca controllers is very nice.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Cian Davis
Skynet Admin Team