Re: Debian mail dotlocking issues

Adam Rosi-Kessel wrote:
Basically, what's the best way to make sure postfix, dovecot, mutt, pine,
etc., all share locks properly without otherwising comprimising system
security? (Other than switching to maildir style boxes, which I'm not
quite ready to do).

Why not ensure that mutt and pine access mail via dovecot's IMAP interface, and let (only) dovecot worry about locking? We use Postfix + Dovecot + a variety of mail clients without problem, but all the MUAs speak IMAP to Dovecot.