Re: Qlogic FC Multipath and engenio
Thanks for the quick answer -
Setup is as follows
* 1 port on Server HBA connected to a switch
* port 1 from controller A on D240 connected to switch
* port 1 from controller B on D240 connected to switch
* LUN1 (disk) default active over controllerA
* LUN2 (disk) default active over controllerB
What confuses me is NOT that fact that I see both disks twice, (so
four devices in total)
sdc, sdc, sdd, sde BUT that I can only access two of these - via the
controller on the storage system.
If I access the 'second path' via the 'other' controller to a disk, I
get io errors...
Is this normal? I was expecting that all controllers offer all disks
equally, and am
a bit confused about this 'default active' setting...
I has hoping to avoid compiling the RDAC driver from engenio as it is
for RedHat or Suse, and I now have to go through the Makefile to fix
it - hopefully
this should be pretty easy... Their RDAC driver seems to use 'MPP'
for the failover
- whatever this is.... I guess I will work that out in the next
couple of hours!
Thanks for any suggestions,
On Feb 1, 2006, at 2:39 PM, Doug Griswold wrote:
You will see at least 2 devices for every one drive depending on
your san configuration. Multipath tools or mdadm can combine these
to make one multipath device. The qlogic driver will do this for
you as well. From what I have seen if you want support from the
storage company you should connect the way they specify in their docs.