[Problems with dump of mysql database]

Hello,

I have two separate MYSQL servers. The version of the first server is
4.1.7 and the version of the second server is 4.0.23. I want to move one
of the 4.1.7's dbs to 4.0.23. So on 4.1.7 I used
mysqldump --opt --compatible=mysql40 dbname >dbname.sql . Then on 4.0.23 I
used mysql dbname < dbname.sql -p . Everything works as expected except
cyrillic encoding. When I go to the ipb-forum and open some post which is
with  cyrillic characters I see this: "íè íà âà ëè çà íîâà òà
ãîäèíà è äà íè å" . Keep in mind that this post previously was
made on 4.1.7 and  there is no problems with cyrillic characters or
whatever. My question: Is there someone who know how to get cyrillic
characters of moved DB to work again on 4.0.23?

Thanks in advance.

E.A

SELLINET Internet Services Provider - http://www.sellinet.net/