Re: monitoring servers

oops - I hit the 'r'-key without thinking, so my reply to walhalla was
off-list, sorry. here I send it again - just for the archives..;)

stb.

8<-------------------------------------------------------------------

[* Walhalla <walhalla@w-4.de> / Thu Dec 15, 2005 at 21:44:32PM +0100]:
> hi,
> one question: what software do you use to monitor your servers? i
> don't want this big things with snmp, load, disks ... only services like
> http, smtp, pop.
> it should take less resources, be simple (webbased preferred) and
> send email if service/host is down.

nagios is web-based, sends email an can monitor http, smtp, pop (and
additionally also load, snmp, disks..). but it's not really simple to
setup.

hth, stephan.
stephan beirer              invalidenstr. 42    10115 berlin/germany
theoretical biophysics      phone +49 30 2093 8694          room 501
institute of biology        http://itb.biologie.hu-berlin.de/~beirer
humboldt university berlin