Re: Comparing Java Web Server performance

I would ignore the hyperthreading and go with the Opterons.  Depending on
the process's thread patterns the HT can make a difference or be totally
useless.  I like to use this analogy.  Threads execute by putting their
"people" in a train of cars and sending it for a loop through the roller
coaster.  Hyperthreading lets u put somebody else's people in any unused
cars.  It's too much of a crap shoot for me and who knows what other kind of
overhead it's producing.  Not to mention how it complicates figuring cpu
usage.  The only way I can think to compare them is to do benchmarking with
and without the HT turned on.  It's really application specific.

--
REMEMBER THE WORLD TRADE CENTER         ---=< WTC 911 >=--
"...ne cede malis"

00000100