Re: [Fwd: Restarting Apache via a script]

Sometimes, yeah, a mere reload won't get the job done.  I've had this
happen.  Even a restart didn't do it a few times.  I had to stop it, make
sure all the processes were gone and kill the stragglers, and then start.
Of course this is only for when things are really going bad.  Runaway
processes etc.  The biggest problem I've had is with modperl not redoing its
script cache.  It's annoying when changes never show up.  Ur idea about
rolling back to the last good config on error is a good one.  Even though
the conf file syntax can be ok, there can be problems with external
settings, modules, files, etc. that can block up a reload.

--
REMEMBER THE WORLD TRADE CENTER         ---=< WTC 911 >=--
"...ne cede males"

00000100