Re: [Fwd: Restarting Apache via a script]

Simon wrote:

I had thought that there are some configuration changes that you need to do a full restart to make stick? Is this correct?

/etc/init.d/apache2 reload performs a:
/usr/sbin/apache2ctl graceful

I think it's just the major stuff that needs a restart (Bind, Port, ServerRoot, etc) need to have a restart, all vhost & the like only need reload (I know at least adding a new NameVirtualHost & <VirtualHost> to match with its own logs, server admin & ssl all get applied with a reload).