Re: NETCONFIG

also sprach Meshbah Uddin Ahmed <meshbahuddin@yahoo.com> [2005.04.19.1506 +0200]:
> eth0 is working, but eth0:0 not. Please suggest me,
> what can i do now?

eth0:0 is deprecated, but I don't know why it does not work.
Possibly because you define it before eth0?

Anyway, the proper way to do it is to delete the eth0:0 stanza,
install the iproute package, and change the eth0 stanza to be

iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.200.171
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.200.0
        broadcast 192.168.200.255
        gateway 192.168.200.1
        up ip addr add 192.168.0.130/24 dev $IFACE
        down ip addr del 192.168.0.130/24 dev $IFACE

/sbin/ifconfig won't show these addresses, but /sbin/ifconfig should
not be used anymore. :)

Use /bin/ip instead.

`. `'`

time wounds all heels.