Re: encryption of emails UPDATE

also sprach Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> [2005.02.21.1010 +0100]:
> You may also want to look into SEPP:
>  http://onaras.com

This is an encrypting gateway, right? These things are generally not
standards compliant, and thus require both sides to use the same
software. What I do not understand is why peers with encryption
needs do not simply configure a VPN and an appropriate mail
infrastructure and policy. The only thing that is important is
encryption; authenticity and integrity cannot be guaranteed anyway
when a proxy signs the data.

Alternatively, they may use a third server as a storage of
the data, to be fetched by the recipient in exchange for a password.
Then, the third party can read your encrypted email.

`. `'`