Re: Kiosks

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 08:43 -0500, ajkeever wrote:
>  My name is AnDrew. I am currently trying to create computer kiosks around at
> Greensboro College in NC. How do can you set up debian when you load the
> system just to automatically pop up mozilla and if someone was to close the
> browser for it to automatically pop back up so no one can mess with anything
> else but a mozilla? Thank you very much if you have any suggestions.

Hi, AnDrew --

You should check out the information on the Mozilla Kiosk project
website :
    http://kiosk.mozdev.org/

It's a neat XML config driven browser and small window manager.

The KDE team have a Kiosktool project :
    http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kiosktool/

It claims to be "A Point&Click tool for system administrators to enable
KDE's KIOSK features or otherwise preconfigure KDE for groups of users."

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

--

Andy Davidson
Systems Administrator, Ebuyer (UK) Ltd.

/* Opinions stated are my own */