Re: Odd Debian updates appearing

Hello,

new software versions perhaps, as opposed to security bugs ?

Fraser Campbell wrote:
Hi,

I have a number of Debian updates appearing that come from stable as opposed to security, this is confusing:

Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org sarge/main gzip 1.3.5-10sarge1 [70.8kB]
Get:2 http://ftp.us.debian.org sarge/main vim 1:6.3-071+1sarge1 [707kB]
Get:3 http://ftp.us.debian.org sarge/main vim-common 1:6.3-071+1sarge1 [3425kB] Get:4 http://ftp.us.debian.org sarge/main libfam0c102 2.7.0-6sarge1 [25.6kB]
Get:5 http://ftp.us.debian.org sarge/main squirrelmail 2:1.4.4-7 [570kB]

Does anyone know why the above updates appear to be coming from stable? I cannot find recent security annoucements for any of the above packages.

A 6th update was to kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686 (release 2.6.8-16sarge1), I found a security announcement for this with a matching md5sum so I wasn't too concerned about the kernel update.

Thanks,
Fraser

--
Jean-Christophe Montigny
Etudiant de troisième année à Grenoble Ecole de Management