Re: fsck error

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 03:29:38PM -0800, Radhika wrote:
>  We have a very serious problem with debian machine when i try to reboot that
> it is giving /et/init.d/rcS:line241:fsck command not found error and machine is
> not booting.
>
> I have tried to run knoppex live cd and it is not supporting fsck on ext3 and i

Odd. I'm pretty sure it should.

> have tried all the options.

Try System Rescue CD (http://www.sysresccd.org/).

It has fsck.ext3, which will allow you to do fsck on ext3.

Hope this helps,
Ward.

--
Pong.be         -(   Linux: Your Brain  -  Windows: Your brain on drugs    )-
Virtual hosting -(                                                         )-