Re: FC Hardware

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Andrew Miehs wrote:
> I am currently looking at emulex and qLogic.

Both work fine AFAIK. Both are "certified" to work well by most storage
equipment manufacturers.

> Which card has the best linux support?

Look at the drivers in 2.6.14.2. At first glance, both look just as well
supported as the other.

> Should I buy PCI-X or PCI-E?

Whichever has more bandwidth, and alows you to host two HBAs per system (for
redundancy).

  Henrique Holschuh