Re: protecting against exploiting mail forms

Hello Luc,

Saturday, November 19, 2005, 19:32:47, Luc Stroobant wrote:

LS> SecFilter "To\:"
LS> SecFilter "to\:"
LS> SecFilter "From\:"
LS> SecFilter "from\:"
LS> SecFilter "Cc\:"
LS> SecFilter "cc\:"
LS> SecFilter "Bcc\:"
LS> SecFilter "bcc\:"

  These break a lot other scripts (including webmail). It matches for
  example text "mailto:something"; and many other. I have modified it
  by prepending "\n" to each of this and for now it seems ok.

  But I had to enable SecFilterScanPOST and it breaks some more
  things... Do you know what this error means?

Error: chunked Transfer-Encoding forbidden: /chat/f_upload.php
mod_security-message: Access denied with code 500. ap_setup_client_block failed with 411

  It seems like file upload from a mobile phone, but I don't know why
  it had failed.

LS> (but you should try to secure the forms first off course!)

  My forms are secure :) but I can't test forms of all our
  customers...

--
  bYE, Marki