Re: urgent quota email option help required

Keith Edmunds wrote:

Radhika wrote:

 If it is not there how to enable the email option now.this need to
enable on my web hosting server ASAP

If your request is "urgent" (as the subject says) and you need help "ASAP" (as the text says), you should not be relying on the voluntary help offered by a mailing list. My reaction, and possibly that of others, when I see those kinds of words in a peer support forum is to disregard the request. Like others, I make my living from solving problems such as yours, and I don't take kindly to being coerced into making my voluntary work high priority.

Good luck.

Keith

100% agree, moreover AFAIK this mailing list is not dedicated to Debian support, but to exchange ideas about how to be an ISP that uses Debian.

The way to ask is not nice, BUT the topic is still interesting. I'm interested about quota talking, not specifically on mail.

I've been looking around a long time for a DIRECTORY based quota system (over ext3 if possible), but I found only user based ones. If I'm not mistaking, there such thing in newer Linux kernels, I'm not sure I saw the option somewhere... When dealing with a lot of accounts, UID/GID is something to avoid (and not only because the 64k limit is too restrictive).

In the ideal world, I'd like to be able to have a centralized database for the host that would hold like a tree of restrictions. Let's say /var/www/user-name has a quota and inside, /var/www/user-name/domain-name.tld has another restriction, smaller than the upper one of course.

Does that thing exist, and where to find documentation about it?

Regards,

   Thomas Goirand

GPLHost:>_ Open source hosting worldwide
http://www.gplhost.com