Re: urgent quota email option help required

thanks for your help

Emmanuel Halbwachs <Emmanuel.Halbwachs@lpn.cnrs.fr> wrote:
Keith Edmunds a écrit :
> If your request is "urgent" (as the subject says) and you need help
> "ASAP" (as the text says), you should not be relying on the voluntary
> help offered by a mailing list.

I can only subscribe to what Keith said. A voluntary help mailing
list is not a H+4 hotline :-)

This said, I don't use webmin as I like editing text files,
but:

- email warnings are triggered by warnquota
- warnquota takes its configuration in /etc/warnquota.conf
- warnquota is ran daily by default : /etc/cron.daily/quota

Here is my /etc/warnquota.conf (adapted):

MAIL_CMD = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t"
FROM = "your.address@your.domain.com"
SUBJECT = You have exceeded your quota
CC_TO = "your.address@your.domain.com"
SUPPORT = "support.address@your.domain.com"
PHONE = "01 69 63 60 05"
MESSAGE = "Blablabla||Blablabla||blablablabla||"
SIGNATURE = "Your signature"

Try dpkg-reconfigure -plow quota, it should ask you questions
about warnquota configuration.

BTW, if your use of quota is critical, test it before production
or with a test account by lowering quota to a very small level
and by running manually /etc/cron.daily/quota.

HTH,

--
Emmanuel Halbwachs Labo. de Photonique et Nanostructures
tel : (+33)1 69 63 61 34 CNRS UPR 20