Re: Need advice on SCSI raid controller

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, R. W. Rodolico wrote:
> Any suggestions. I have to tell them what card to get ASAP. Just
> need a good, solid, SCSI RAID1 going in this. Preferably an Adaptec,

Well, I'd go with an Intel SRCU42X or SRCU42E with enough RAM and battery
backup.  Their firmware is very good and the client runs on sarge (it IS
closed source, though).  The driver is in the Kernel for a loong time now.

Also, if you need scraming fast, get also a solid-state disk and put the
filesystem journals there.  If it is a MTA, put the filesystem journals of
an ext3 data=journal device in the solid-state disk, and use that ext3 for
the queues.

  Henrique Holschuh