Re: Multihoming an end user

Andrew Miehs wrote:
Hi Eric, > In this situation, I would go for the scripting solution. Its much
cheaper,
easier and less time consuming.

Thank you everyone for the very interesting discussion (and sub discussions on consumer grade circuits and DNS). I think I'll end up going with a script for now while recommending our parent company look into a BGP solution down the road.

Then again, if you want learn bgp at your employers expense... go for it! :-)

I have an former employer/ISP who I setup an ASN & /20 for a few years back who I found is only using a single BGP peer. This info will come in handy yet!

Thanks again,

-eric