Re: Multihoming an end user

Another question for the original poster:  How is it that u have two DSL
lines from two providers?  Usually one provider controls the local loop, and
in that case both DSL lines would be going out over the *same* CO, DSLAM,
ATM, etc until it branched out to the ISP's network.

ISP1 is a 3Mbps wireless connection to a local ISP. They in turn have a bonded T1 to AT&T. As far as I know, this is their only connection. (not speaking BGP). ISP2 is a 1.5 Mbps DSL through the local phone company, SBC. Thinking bigger scope, we have a T1 connection to our parent company used for VoIP applications. They also have a T1 or greater connection to the internet. If we move to a T1 locally, we might be able to convince them to split a new /24 and route BGP over these two links. This is however, beyond my call.