Re: Postfix trouble

Thank you all for suggestions !
I use antivirus and antispam but in case of spam bots on my clients machines all those are ineffective :( The simples solution I could find is to use SMTP auth, unfortunately will not be so easy to inform all clients about the change and to instruct them to change settings.

Theodore Knab wrote:

You might want to ask the postfix mailing list. Your configuration can be modified to block certain clients but it is a lot
of work seeing they will always be changing.

Here are some of the smtpd_restrictions I use on this box.

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
####################################
#used to stop virus infected machines on our net
####################################
   reject_invalid_hostname,
   reject_non_fqdn_sender,
   reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
   reject_unknown_sender_domain,
   reject_unauth_pipelining,
   check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/badclients,
   check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/broken_sender_exception,
   permit_mynetworks,
   reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
   check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/broken_sender_exception,
   reject_unauth_destination,
   #postgrey
   check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:60000,
   reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
   reject_non_fqdn_sender,
   #reject_unknown_client,
#eject unknown dns --> mailfrom: reject_unknown_sender_domain,
   #reject unknown --> rcpt to:
   #bad helo
#reverse lookup of ip sending #version 2 postfix only
   reject_unverified_sender,
   reject_multi_recipient_bounce,
   reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org,
   reject_rbl_client relays.ordb.org,
   reject_rbl_client opm.blitzed.org,
   reject_rbl_client blackholes.wirehub.net,
   reject_rbl_client dynablock.wirehub.net,
   reject_rbl_client proxies.relays.monkeys.org,
   reject_rbl_client dnsbl.njabl.org,
   #reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,
   #reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,

   #if they get here they are allowd
   permit
:

It is easier just to use global spam reduction techniques.

Here are some simple ways to reduce spam postfix:
Use RBHL with Postfix.
Use Postgrey

Clamd with Amavis will help reduce viruses but it might take a little time to figure out how to get Amavis working.
Amavis is setup in my master.cf not the main.cf.

Spam-assassin is good but it takes more time than the above
to setup.