Re: Postfix trouble

You might want to ask the postfix mailing list. Your
configuration can be modified to block certain clients but it is a lot
of work seeing they will always be changing.

Here are some of the smtpd_restrictions I use on this box.

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =

####################################
#used to stop virus infected machines on our net
####################################
    reject_invalid_hostname,
    reject_non_fqdn_sender,
    reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
    reject_unknown_sender_domain,
    reject_unauth_pipelining,
    check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/badclients,
    check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/broken_sender_exception,
    permit_mynetworks,
    reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
    check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/broken_sender_exception,
    reject_unauth_destination,
    #postgrey
    check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:60000,
    reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
    reject_non_fqdn_sender,
    #reject_unknown_client,
    #eject unknown dns --> mailfrom:
    reject_unknown_sender_domain,
    #reject unknown --> rcpt to:
    #bad helo
    #reverse lookup of ip sending
    #version 2 postfix only
    reject_unverified_sender,
    reject_multi_recipient_bounce,
    reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org,
    reject_rbl_client relays.ordb.org,
    reject_rbl_client opm.blitzed.org,
    reject_rbl_client blackholes.wirehub.net,
    reject_rbl_client dynablock.wirehub.net,
    reject_rbl_client proxies.relays.monkeys.org,
    reject_rbl_client dnsbl.njabl.org,
    #reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,
    #reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,

    #if they get here they are allowd
    permit
:

It is easier just to use global spam reduction techniques.

Here are some simple ways to reduce spam postfix:
Use RBHL with Postfix.
Use Postgrey

Clamd with Amavis will help reduce viruses but it might take a little
time to figure out how to get Amavis working.

Amavis is setup in my master.cf not the main.cf.

Spam-assassin is good but it takes more time than the above
to setup.