Re: Areca SATA cards

R. W. Rodolico wrote:

I don't have any experience with the Areca cards (actually, have
never heard of them), but will agree very strongly with the 3ware.
They are excellentm, and the Linux support is good.

Thanks for your reply. What I'm really after is experience with this card under linux. I know that it is supported, but so is the LSI card which, with a raid-5 over 4 discs performs worse than 4 discs on the cheap-o onboard SATA controllers with kernel based raid-5. No point in buying a raid card then.

From what I've read the Areca cards out-do 3ware both in features and performance http://www.tweakers.net/reviews/557/1

Thanks
Hans