Re: Windows IPSec/L2TP VPN client and Linux server with RADIUS, and PPP.

Phil Dyer wrote:
Jim Barber said:
But still both the MS-CHAP and the MS-CHAPv2 options won't authenticate
against the freeradius server because their challenge and responses
aren't getting into the radius Access-Request packet.

My radiusclient.conf calls a dictionary which in turn includes a
dictionary.microsoft file. That file defines lot's of microsoft stuff.

Phil.

Did you install the radiusclient1 Debian package?
That's what I am using, but it didn't come with a dictionary.microsoft
file.

I tried various things related to that as discussed in an earlier email.
What I currently have done is just put into the top of the radiusclient
dictionary file the following directive:

	$INCLUDE /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.microsoft

I guess that isn't working.

Did your radiusclient come with a dictionary.microsoft file?
If it did, then I wonder why mine didn't include it?
If not, where did you get your file from?
How did you include it?

Jim Barber
DDI Health