Announce: Get port/vlan overview of Cisco switches (was: Re: New Procurve)

Am Dienstag, den 30 August hub Shane Chrisp folgendes in die Tasten:

> > You have any problems with a nortel switch instead? 10/100 of course.  :)

> Nortel makes good gear. I wouldnt complain if I was being told we were
> getting Nortel instead of Cisco switches. :)

This reminds me, that I wanted to annouce a little tool I've written
some weeks ago:

I wanted to have an overview about the port and vlan usage of our (Cisco)
network infrastructure. Like running 'show int status' on many switches
and counting every connected/not connected port per VLAN.

I've done this via a expect script to fetch the data and a perl script
to build an overview.

You can get the debian package from:

deb http://debian.rfc2324.org/debian/ woody cisco-stats

A - up to now sadly only german - description page can be found at
http://www.barbarossa.name/software/cisco

Maybe this tool is helpfull for some of you.

Ciao
Max
--
	Follow the white penguin.