Re: Cyrus mailbox restore

C. Jon Larsen wrote:

+ Jon Larsen: President/CTO, Richweb, Inc.
+ Richweb.com: Providing Internet-Based Business Solutions since 1995
+ GnuPG Public Key: http://richweb.com/jlarsen.gpg
+ Business: (804) 747.8592 x 101; Mobile: (804) 307.6939

On my cyrus setup I have /var/spool/imap (mailboxes) and /var/imap (db files that control the mailboxes, quotas, etc).

Did you backup both ?? Or just your mailboxes ?
Only the mailboxes, I only discovered the control stuff later.

I discoverd that if I created the folders I had, then delete the stuff in /var/spool/imap, restore the old mailbox and run reconstruct, it picks up the folders with the mail in. So that's what I'll have to do, but there were a *LOT* of folders.

The mailboxes.db file is a binary file. What is it generated from, and what does the context look like? This seems like my last option.

Thanks
Hans