Re: CACert.org Certificate and libapache-mod-ssl

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 10:23:49AM +0200, Tim Korves wrote:
> I got a little bit stuck as I tried to get a SSL-Cert from CACert.org  for my
> Apache. I can't find the .csr-file of my apache, although I  have installed
> libapache-mod-ssl and _can_ connect through HTTPS to  the server (with the
> standard cert of the installation). Sorry for  asking, but what I'm doing
> wrong? I need the .csr file (or better:  the contents) for getting a cert
> from CACert.org...

The CSR "certification request" is something you generate. You'll need to poke
around the OpenSSL docs, or even better, google about for a guide to generating
a CSR. I'd be surprised if cacert.org doesn't have a set of instructions online
to do this themselves.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.