Re: Billing-Software for managing an ISP

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 06:31, Shane Chrisp wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 13:29 +0200, Dr. Ender Aysal wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > sorry, for my bad english, but i hope i am able to ask correctly:
> >
> > Which Software do you use fo Billing your clients? I am Looking For a
> > Software (opensource) which has all my clients, products and all ohter
[...]

I used to work for the Obsidian Consulting Group which have an ISP
billing system called Jet. It is non-free, but you do get the source
code, and Debian is their preferred platform. It is implemented in
Python with a nice Zope based web front end, and I believe the ratings
engine part is Open Source, with only the Zope front end being non-free.
It's got pretty much everything, and was very popular with wireless
ISP's and VOIP providers because it was very easy to customize to their
varied and strange requirements.

http://www.obsidian.com.au/jet/

--
Donovan Baarda <abo@minkirri.apana.org.au>