Re: Recover files from EXT3

martin f krafft schrieb:
> also sprach Christian <news@nerdbynature.de> [2005.06.12.1414 +0200]:
>
>>please use google to find it ('cause naming the tool would look
>>like an advertisment....)
>

> I don't think it would. Please name it if it's actually a tool that
> can be used to save data, even if proprietary.

ok, i've checked again and it's even freeware:

http://www.data-recovery-software.net/Linux_Recovery_Download.shtml

it says nothing about ext3 filesystems, but we were able to get lost data
off an ext3 fs. if it doesn't, perhaps it'd help to remove the has_journal
feature from the fs to make it look like an ext2fs:

% tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/HDD

it's weird to have an win32 installed to recover files from an ext2fs, but
that was the only useful tool i have found (besides "cat" and "grep" ;-))

--
BOFH excuse #244:

Your cat tried to eat the mouse.