Re: Blade server recommendations?

While we're on this subject, just what *are* blade servers good for?  From
what I can tell they're just good for popping in more CPU's as u need them.
But is that really easier/cheaper/better than just putting in another 1U?
As in if each blade is a totally independant system that has to be
individually configured, how is that different from getting another 1U?

--
REMEMBER THE WORLD TRADE CENTER         ---=< WTC 911 >=--
"...ne cede males"

00000100