Re: Multiple IP devices.

> tnt23.sfo8.da.u *               255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0 ppp0
> 192.168.1.0     *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
> default         router_gateway  0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0

you problem is of course in routing. no matter what source IP you
use, packets to anywhere but 'tnt23.sfo8.da.u' (always use
/sbin/route -n) will be routed to router_gateway.

You can override this for destination IP 1.2.3.4 like this:

  ip route add 1.2.3.4/32 via tnt23.sfo8.da.u

or

  /sbin/route add -host 1.2.3.4 gw tnt23.sfo8.da.u

but this will affect all processes on the system.

To let just a single process use a different route, you can do
something with policy routing, but I won't go into detail here
because I doubt this is really what you want. See http://lartc.org
for more info.

`. `'`

micro$oft encrypts your windows nt password when stored on a windows
ce device. but if you look carefully at their encryption algorithm,
they simply xor the password with "susageP", Pegasus spelled
backwards. Pegasus is the code name of windows ce. this is so pathetic
it's staggering.